Mathematical Software Developer (m/f)
Fin4Cast, a quantitative research company is seeking to build their team with a Mathematical Software Developer to join their office in Vienna. If you feel that you would like to work in a leading-edge, dynamic organisation with a results oriented team of professionals this vacancy will suit you.
Fin4Cast is a research provider in the field of quantitative investment strategies. Our services include the development of portfolios based on quantitative analysis. This is an exciting opportunity to join a small and highly specialized team of professionals that is focused on the development of the best research infrastructure.
The successful candidate will join a team developing and managing the firm’s quantitative/systematic analysis platform. The role will involve close communication with the firm’s Research team, and requires project management skills.
The ideal candidate will have excellent all round computing skills, mathematical ability, as well as project experience in meeting deadlines coupled with, preferably, an exposure to the finance industry.
The key responsibilities of this role will be:
- To further develop & support the company’s quantitative portfolio management and analysis systems.
- To manage the integration of prototypes delivered by the research teams to the analysis platform.
- To understand complex trading processes and systems and to help the ongoing development of control parameters, to ensure reliability, consistency, process quality and control.
- To be involved in the complete development cycle.
You will have:
- Graduate degree in science/computing/numerate/engineering field
- Strong software development knowledge using programming languages such as Java or .NET, SQL, Python and also exposure to mathematical tools such as R or Matlab.
- Previous experience in mathematical computing (preferably in the financial area)
- Ability to work well under pressure and have proactive approach to implementing enhancements and process improvements whilst maintaining precision.
- Drive to learn and work well in a team as well as taking ownership on sub-projects.
The following skills will be an advantage:
- Previous working experience of Java and/or R
- Strong database knowledge
- Knowledge of Thomson-Reuters, Bloomberg and other market data suppliers
We are offering a stimulating environment with exciting personal growth and long-term career opportunities.
If you believe that you are a motivated individual with the above qualifications and this opening sounds challenging, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fin4cast Data Research Services GmbH & CO KG
Bei der Bewerbung bitte auf die FAM-jobs Seite verweisen.