2016-01-29 - Deutsche Ausschreibung
STELLE NICHT MEHR VAKANT - BITTE NICHT MEHR BEWERBEN!!!
As stated in its development plan http://rektorat.univie.ac.at/en/Entwicklungsplan the University of Vienna aims at strengthening its position as a major research-oriented university. Key elements of this strategy include the provision of an attractive range of research-based study programmes, support for furthering the work of junior academic colleagues and high-calibre professorial appointments.
The Faculty of Mathematics of the University of Vienna announces the position of a
Full Professor of
(full time, permanent position under private law).
The successful candidate is expected to have outstanding research and teaching qualification in the area of Financial Mathematics, to have experience in funding and in the setting up of research groups and to be willing and able to cooperate with working groups of the Faculty of Mathematics and the Faculty of Business, Economics and Statistics.
Successful candidates should have the following qualifications:
- PhD and post-doctoral experience at a university or other research institution
- (Austrian or equivalent international academic degree in the relevant field)
- outstanding research and publication record, with an excellent reputation as an active member of the international academic community; Habilitation (venia docendi) or equivalent international qualification in the relevant field is desirable
- experience in designing, procuring and directing major research projects, as well as the willingness and ability to team leadership of research groups
- experience in university teaching, willingness and ability to teach at all curricular levels (Bachelor, Master, PhD), to supervise theses and to further the work of junior academic colleagues
The University of Vienna expects the successful candidate to acquire, within three years, proficiency in German sufficient for teaching in Bachelor programmes and participation in committees.
The University of Vienna offers:
- an attractive and dynamic research location in a city with a high quality of life and in a country with excellent research funding provision
- attractive terms and conditions of employment with a negotiable and performance-related salary, associated with a retirement fund
- a "start-up package" for the initiation of research projects
- grant for relocation to Vienna, where appropriate
Candidates should send an application containing at least the following documents:
- academic curriculum vitae
- list of publications together with
- specification of five key publications judged by the applicant to be particularly relevant to the advertised professorship together with an explanation of their relevance
- PDF versions of these five publications provided either as URLs of downloadable copies or through email attachments or an addition of a data storage medium
- list of talks given, including detailed information about invited plenaries at international conferences
- brief description of current research interests and research plans for the immediate future
- list of projects supported by third-party funds
- details on teaching qualification:
- a brief overview of previous academic teaching (including concepts and preferred methods used in teaching) and a list of supervised doctoral or PhD theses including a concept of thesis supervision;
- additional information that demonstrates the candidate's qualification for teaching in higher education.
University professors will be classified according to the Collective Bargaining Agreement for University Staff into the salary group A1. The salary will be individually negotiated under consideration of the previous career development and in case of an appointment from abroad of the different tax situation.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.
Applications in English should be submitted by e-mail (preferably as PDF attachments) to the Dean of the Faculty of Mathematics of the University of Vienna, Univ.-Prof. Dr. Harald Rindler, Oskar-Morgenstern-Platz 1, 1090 Vienna, (firstname.lastname@example.org), no later than May 1st, 2016 with reference DK 506-12/2015.
Official Announcement of University of Vienna (english)
Offizielle Ausschreibung der Universitšt Wien (deutsch)
Bei der Bewerbung bitte auf die FAM-jobs Seite verweisen.